Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Some Finished Objects

So I've done two things.
One of them, is splurge hardcore money on a yarn sale at my LYS. Color me irresponsible. But, it was worth it.
I've already used most of it, for shame, before taking any pictures.
But here's some of the stuff I've done with it.
(Bare with the color correction, I was testing a new feature)

So I made a rug. It kinda looks like Captain America's shield, but off. The middle is handspun wool I bought ages ago, the next ring is chilian wool I bought saturday not so long ago and the outside and a nice mixture of scrap yarn I had left over from other projects. I'm not sure the colors work for most people, but I find them jarringly unique.

unblocked.


I'm really proud of this hat. No seriously. It's the first time I've done anything that could constitute as lace and it worked! And I blocked it! I've crossed two things off my list of knitting goals. (plus I love to wear it, naturally)

It's extremely hard to tell the colors of my wonderful hat, based on these terrible photos I took, but it leans towards a soft green. It was knitted with classic elite fingerling weight yarn. Two skeins. The pattern is found here. (The yardage is a little more than they tell you, buy more than 150)

No comments:

Post a Comment